- Metal: 10K white gold
- Gemstone: natural jadeite jade
- Origin: Myanmar/Burma
- Color: faint green + colorless + vivid green + deep green
- Transparency: translucent
- Texture: fine
- Shape: gourd/Chinese ancient wine bottle
- Height: 42.88mm (including bail)
- Width: 24mm
- Thickness: 7.46mm
- Weight: 44.2cts
- Treatment: natural color, untreated
- Layaway available for this item
This pendant is a truly exquisite piece. It is made of 100% natural jadeite jade set in solid 10K white gold. The jade has a translucent faint green and colorless background with bright green and deep green blotches. The surface of the stone is smooth and highly polished. There is absolutely no stone lines, cracks or chips in this pendant.
The double-sided carving features a gourd, calabash or a Chinese ancient wine bottle. Gourds are common and insignificant in western countries but they have a much deeper meaning in Chinese culture. Gourds symbolize happiness and good luck. They are used for protection and blessing. It is believed that wearing a gourd shaped pendant can help protect against bad spirits and speed up the recovery after an illness.